Nondisclosure Terms & Conditions
NONDISCLOSURE TERMS & CONDITIONS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONAL INTELLIGENCE CENTER (NCRIC) AND THE APPLICANT PERTAINING TO THE PROPER HANDLING OF "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY" (FOUO)" INFORMATION.
1. I hereby accept the obligations contained in this Agreement in consideration of my being granted access to FOUO information. As used in this agreement, FOUO information is marked or unmarked FOUO information, including oral communication, which is FOUO information under the standards of the NCRIC. I understand and accept that being granted access to FOUO information, special confidence and trust shall
be placed in me by the NCRIC.
2. I hereby acknowledge that I have read the attached document, titled "Safeguarding Sensitive but Unclassified Information" and a copy has been provided to me, and that I have received a security indoctrination concerning the nature and protection of FOUO information, including the procedures to be followed in ascertaining whether other persons to whom I contemplate disclosing this information have been approved for access to it, and that I understand these procedures. I also acknowledge that I have been advised that the NCRIC adheres to 28 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Part 23 guidelines, with respect to criminal intelligence files, and will only share criminal intelligence information with other law enforcement agencies that adhere to (same).
3. I have been advised that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of FOUO information by me could cause damage or irreparable injury to the NCRIC. I hereby agree that I will never divulge FOUO information to anyone unless: (a) I have officially verified that the recipient has been properly authorized by the NCRIC to receive it; or (b) I have been given prior authorization from the agency
responsible for the information that such disclosure is permitted; or (c) the recipient has the "need to know" in order to perform their official, public safety duties. I understand that if I am uncertain about the classification status or handling control authority of information received from the NCRIC, I am required to confirm from an authorized NCRIC official that the information is FOUO before I may disclose it, except to
a person as provided in (a) or (b) above.
4. I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of my affiliation with the NCRIC.
5. I have read this agreement carefully and my questions, if any, have been answered.
| ||© 2021, NCHIDTA. All rights reserved.|